Central Texas customers choose wood deck materials for their natural, rustic design. Wooden decks also offer exceptional strength and durability and are easy to maintain. With a large variety of wood panel colors and materials to choose from, wooden decks are also extremely easy to customize. Finally, wood decks can be affordable compared to other decks materials, like synthetic decks.
Austex frequently works with premium, recognizable wood deck brands, including AZEK and TimberTech. We use only the highest quality of wood materials for our wood decks, including ipe, cedar, and redwood.
Ipe wood is a type of high-quality decking material that’s dense and durable. Central Texas customers can expect the following when they choose ipe decks:
- Appealing design: Ipe decks feature a deep, rich brown appearance with red and amber-hued accents.
- Fine-quality material: Ipe decks are made to be dense and tight-grained, which also makes them long-lasting.
- Highly resistant: Ipe decks have the highest insect and decay resistance rating.
- Low-maintenance: Ipe decks don’t require finishing and won’t deteriorate over time.
Ipe wood, often referred to as Brazilian walnut, is made from over 30 different types of wood. It’s one of the strongest and most durable wood materials and is often used in ornamental landscaping. Ipe wood is often chosen for its extremely durable design that’s resistant to mildew, insects, and heat damage without the need to pretreat it. Ipe wood is also sustainable and eco-friendly, making it an environmentally conscious choice.
Cedar decks are naturally lightweight and easy to work with, making them a popular choice for deck stairs. With cedar decks, Central Texas customers can expect:
- Durable design: Cedar decks are naturally decay-resistant, meaning they won’t wear out as fast.
- Versatile design: Cedar decks feature a versatile design that fits in with most architectural styles.
- Heat-resistant: Cedar wood is also highly resistant to extreme heat, which is especially important in Central Texas.
- Low-maintenance: Cedar decks won’t splinter or crack over time, making them a low-maintenance deck option.
Cedar wood requires some maintenance, as it’s known to gray. However, it won’t splinter or crack, even with minimal maintenance. Cedar decks are also a great choice for the environment and tend to last a long time, sometimes as long as 15-30 years.
Austex frequently creates durable, functional decks with many of our customers using cedar, ipe, redwood, and composite decking materials. If you’re not sure which decking materials are right for your Austin, Texas, home, reach out to one of our friendly representatives today.